Saudi Crown Prince shot, injured in last month attack on palace: activist

(Web Desk) – Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman is said to be shot and injured in heavy gunfire that erupted from outside the royal palace,

The revelation has been made by a Saudi opposition activist Mohammed al-Mas’ari, the secretary-general of the Islamic Revival Party. In a recent interview with Lebanon’s al-Mayadeen TV, he cited reliable sources and said that bin Salman was hit by bullets during the late April attack.

The activist says that sources within the royal family had leaked the news of the incident after which it went viral on Twitter. According to al-Mas’ari, Mohammad bin Salman intends to appear before the media so that the reports regarding a coup attack can be denied.

Reports of heavy fire outside the palace circulated on the media on April 21 however; Saudi Arabia’s state news agency claimed that a toy drone reached closed to the royal palace and was later gunned down.

Speculations emerge that the gunfire was in fact a coup led by royals against King Salman. Saudi activist while rejecting the claim says that it was an attack from vehicles carrying heavy machine guns and shooting randomly.

It has been reported that bin Salman had been evacuated to a nearby bunker at a military base for his safety.

As Press TV points out, no new photo or video of bin Salman has been released by Saudi authorities since that day, and the prince was not even seen on camera when new US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo made his maiden visit to Riyadh in late April.

Saudi Crown Prince used to make frequent media appearances but his apparent disappearance from the public eye since an attempted coup last month has raised many eyebrows about his health.

Facebook Comments

POST A COMMENT.