Suspect Imran’s DNA matches samples from Zainab, seven other minor girls

KASUR (Sarzameen News)- Suspect held in seven-year-old Zainab murder case on Tuesday named Imran is revealed to have raped and murdered seven other minor girls in a series of brutal incidents that range back to 2015.

Reportedly, suspect Imran’s DNA sample has matched with those obtained from late Zainab’s body and those collected from bodies of seven other minors namely, Kainat, Laiba, Eman Fatima, Noor Fatima, Tehmina, Ayesha and Asma.

The alleged culprit raped and murdered his first victim in June 2015. Sources privy to investigators have reported that he used to flee the city after each incident.

In the latest of developments in Zainab murder case, police claimed earlier in the day today that the suspect involved in the heinous crime was apprehended after confirmation of his DNA.

Officers said that suspect Imran was Zainab’s neighbour and was detained on a suspicion on January 20, but was later released. The suspect fled to another city and came back after shaving off his beard, they claimed.

However, on Monday night, he was rearrested after his DNA test confirmed his involvement in rape and murder of Zainab. The culprit has been shifted to some undisclosed place for interrogation.

On the other hand, Punjab government spokesperson Malik Ahmed Khan has said that DNA sample of the suspect has been taken and verification procedure will require four hours to complete.

Malik Ahmed Khan told that the authorities had found some technical proofs against Imran, a resident of Kasur’s Road Kot area. He said it has not been verified yet that Imran is Zainab’s relative or not.

Zainab’s father Haji Ameen said the suspect is not his relative. He looks like a person from the same area. He also expressed satisfaction over police perfomrnace and demanded that the suspect should be hanged public if proven guilty.

Zainab was raped and murdered after abducted on January 4. Her body was found from a heap trash on January 9 in Kasur when her parents were in Saudi Arabia to perform Umrah.

The guardians complained upon return that late Zainab had gone missing at least five days ago and the police did not cooperate with the relatives, who were looking for the missing minor.

Zainab had marks of torture on nose, neck, and other parts of the body – according to the autopsy. The samples collected from her clothes and body were sent to forensic laboratory.

Later, a joint investigation team (JIT) was formed to probe the murder case that collected data of 300 mobile phone numbers and six of them were marked for further investigation. Three footages were also emerged showing a suspect roaming with the victim.

Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar had also taken suo motu notice of the case. During the hearing, the apex court expressed dissatisfaction over police’s investigation and said it should also use conventional methods as well instead of only depending upon DNA samples.

Facebook Comments